Sunday, March 4, 2012

Too soon...

We have a video monitor so we can keep an eye on James when he sleeps in his room. In the early days it was a blessing and a curse. A blessing when he finally went to sleep and we could see him relaxed. And a curse because watching him becomes very addictive and things just don't get done when we start watching him.

Lately the video monitor has been a way to watch James' nautical work out. He has become quite the mover and shaker when he goes into his cot. We always put him on his back to start off but he soon rolls onto his side then moves to face the foot of the cot. Then he rolls onto his belly to sleep. Sometimes he won't make it onto his belly and falls asleep on his side, it's so cute.

I knew this is one of the reasons that you put a baby into a cot, to keep them enclosed. But I thought this kind of rolling and moving into different positions wouldn't happen for months or at least until our little man was six months. It seems too early, at four months, to be able to do this. Or maybe I'm having a hard time accepting he is getting older and is going to continue to surprise me.

2 comments:

  1. What a little smartie you have! My Griffin is 3 weeks older than you're little one and doesn't do half of those things!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. My baby is 7 months and STILL doesn't do that! I think it's so sweet watching them in their room (love the video monitors!) and I think a baby sleeping on their side is the absolute cutest. :)

    ReplyDelete