James turned one on Saturday which called for a celebration! I wanted something colourful and festive so we decided on a Sesame Street theme! I did some research, got some terrific ideas and I was set to make the decorations, food and cake myself. Unfortunately I also returned to work the week before so everything had to be done either the weekend before or at night the week of the party! Luckily BJ is as crazy for a party as I am, so he gave me a hand and even took Friday off so he could get the yard and house clean and tidy for our little guy's big day!
The day turned out great. It's becoming warmer here everyday but we had a beautiful breeze through the back yard making it comfortable for everyone. Everyone had enough to eat and the cake turned out better than I expected!
It was a lot of work but the most important thing was James had a terrific day. He got a lot of love from everyone there and received a few gifts which have now taken over our small house. Now for some photos!
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
We've had a crazy couple of weeks that included a hospital visit, James starting day care and a wedding. So to make sure I cover everything here is my bullet list:
- First I'll start with the hospital visit. A couple of weeks ago I woke up at 4am on Monday morning with an intense need to throw up and poo, with severe stomach cramping. After throwing up and sitting on the toilet for a few hours I started to get really worried about being dehydrated and pregnant so we made a trip to the emergency ward. After a heap of fluids and anti-nausea medication I was finally released that night. It was still a few days before I felt back to normal and nearly a week before I felt hungry and could eat an entire meal. The hospital diagnosed me with gastro and we were so lucky that BJ and James didn't get it as well.
- Two days after my stint in hospital we flew off to Brisbane for a good friends wedding. BJ was the groomsmen and he looked so handsome and even got teary eyed during his speech! We made a family holiday of the trip and took James to the Zoo and the footy! Here are a couple of photos of James hanging out with Dadda at the Zoo and with Mum by the pool!
- The wedding was great, busy for me looking after James and catching up with people but everyone was besotted with James so he spent a lot of time on the dance floor with the groom's Mum and Aunties. The wedding was held over lunch so it wrapped up at 6pm which was great for us. By the time it had finished, I took James back to the hotel for dinner and off to sleep. James really impressed me with his sleep while we were away. He was so good at night considering during the day his naps were disrupted or missed.
- Reality hit when we returned home and James started daycare. I don't go back to work for a couple of weeks but to secure his spot he had to start early. Of course the same time as starting day care, James started to get one of his eye teeth. So cue runny nose, high temps and being grizzly in general. It's a great centre and he enjoys himself once I head off. It makes my life a bit easier as well, since it includes meals and nappies so the only thing he needs to take are a change of clothes and his lunchtime bottle.
- Today I'm officially seventeen weeks. Where has the time gone?!?!?! When I was pregnant with James I regretted not taking more photos of me growing, so I've vowed to take more photos this time. Here is me at fifteen weeks. With my little belly.
- James also turns one next weekend so we are having a party to celebrate! We have my family coming to visit and spend some time with us, so I'm really looking forward to it!