Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TVT...

I'm following Heather's lead on introducing Thought Vomit Thursdays. Keep in mind that in Australia it already is Thursday. So here goes:

  • I'm over the rain! We've just entered autumn here in Australia so the wet season in the Tropics should be slowing down but we've already had over 650mm (25.5 inches) in March already!
  • We were visiting my family, four hours south of where we live and we accidently left our stroller in my Mum's car. Thank goodness we are heading down for Easter so we can pick it up then and until then we've borrowed a friends.
  • For a couple of years I've wanted to learn a second language. And for some reason sign-language was something I was interested in. Now that James is here I've done some reading on Baby Sign Language, so we could learn it together. I'm excited to get started and have got the first six 'signs' I'll attempted to teach James.
  • Still on teaching James new things, now that he is approaching six months I'm going to enroll him in Swim Classes! Being in a nation where swimming is a popular past time (we have a spa, my parents have a beach house and my sister has a pool) it is enevitable that James will be in or around water. So for fun and safety, we will teach him how to swim. I can't wait to see how he goes!
  • I am lucky enough to be able to have a full twelve months off on maternity leave. But yesterday I received a call from my work, letting me know my temporary replacement has given her resignation and will be finishing next week. They want me to come in for a meeting to discuss when I will be starting back at work??? All they have to do is take a look at my leave form, I'll be back in October and not a minute sooner! I'm still going in for the meeting (to be polite mostly) so I'll make sure to update you.
  • After my Food post the other day, we've tried banana and James is not a fan! I don't know whether it was the taste or texture (I just mashed it with a fork) but he didn't eat one bite. So we'll try banana again next week.
  • For the first time in my life I have stroller envy. I always wondered why people get more than one stroller. Surely if you have one you don't need another one. But at my latest Mother's Group meeting one of the ladies had a new stroller and I loved it. Light weight, not too wide so you can't get through doorways, heaps of storage underneath the seat! I'm in love with that stroller!

4 comments:

  1. I've heard baby signing works really well and can really help with learning to communicate and reduce tantrums etc due to kids feeling misunderstood. Baby swim us great... our daughter learnt from 6months and now she's a little fish :) Hope the weather improves where you are xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter starts swim lessons in a few weeks and I can't wait! I think it will be so fun, and the bathing suit I got her is adorable. :) I am so jealous you had 12 months of maternity leave! And yeah, who did your work think they were asking you to come back sooner? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My nephew does sign language, he's about 2 and it was really helpful when he was younger and not quite talking! He does quite a few signs like more, please, potty, milk, etc. That would b awesome if you could find a class or teach James some signs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thanks for your hilarious comment earlier! :) I wish I was mother of the year... (my kids and husband wishes it too!)You should see the mess from where the paint dripped everywhere.

    How exciting to start baby swim classes! I can't wait to hear how they work out!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete