- I'm over the rain! We've just entered autumn here in Australia so the wet season in the Tropics should be slowing down but we've already had over 650mm (25.5 inches) in March already!
- We were visiting my family, four hours south of where we live and we accidently left our stroller in my Mum's car. Thank goodness we are heading down for Easter so we can pick it up then and until then we've borrowed a friends.
- For a couple of years I've wanted to learn a second language. And for some reason sign-language was something I was interested in. Now that James is here I've done some reading on Baby Sign Language, so we could learn it together. I'm excited to get started and have got the first six 'signs' I'll attempted to teach James.
- Still on teaching James new things, now that he is approaching six months I'm going to enroll him in Swim Classes! Being in a nation where swimming is a popular past time (we have a spa, my parents have a beach house and my sister has a pool) it is enevitable that James will be in or around water. So for fun and safety, we will teach him how to swim. I can't wait to see how he goes!
- I am lucky enough to be able to have a full twelve months off on maternity leave. But yesterday I received a call from my work, letting me know my temporary replacement has given her resignation and will be finishing next week. They want me to come in for a meeting to discuss when I will be starting back at work??? All they have to do is take a look at my leave form, I'll be back in October and not a minute sooner! I'm still going in for the meeting (to be polite mostly) so I'll make sure to update you.
- After my Food post the other day, we've tried banana and James is not a fan! I don't know whether it was the taste or texture (I just mashed it with a fork) but he didn't eat one bite. So we'll try banana again next week.
- For the first time in my life I have stroller envy. I always wondered why people get more than one stroller. Surely if you have one you don't need another one. But at my latest Mother's Group meeting one of the ladies had a new stroller and I loved it. Light weight, not too wide so you can't get through doorways, heaps of storage underneath the seat! I'm in love with that stroller!
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
I'm following Heather's lead on introducing Thought Vomit Thursdays. Keep in mind that in Australia it already is Thursday. So here goes: