Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to 2011...

Happy New Year!  We had a very quiet Christmas and an even quieter New Year and now I can’t believe the festive season is over for another year!  I live four hours away from my family and I can’t see them whenever I want so I really enjoy spending time with them during the holidays.  I especially love to spend time with my four year-old niece, who can be both a joy and a monster!  Santa brought me some wonderful gifts, including an ice-cream maker (heaven help my hips)! 
I don’t usually make New Year’s resolutions, but after reading one of my favourite writer’s New Years column, I’ve decided to steel her idea about making Remotely Achievable Goals for 2011! 
So here’s my Remotely Achievable Goals 2011:
1.       Stay Positive – within all aspects of my life, but particularly fertility.  After our first failed IVF cycle, I believe that staying positive is a huge part of having a positive result!  With our upcoming FET in February I want to stay positive, not worry about work, or other people and enjoy what I’m hoping is the first step to holding my baby!
2.       Exercise More – for mind, body and soul.  I used to be an avid walker but with IVF cycles, holidays and Christmas I haven’t exercised for ages and need to get my butt into gear!
3.       Whinge less – focus more on what I’m doing and can do rather than what others are doing or not doing!
4.       Turn 30 gracefully – it’s not going to be easy but I’m turning 30 in August this year and with that my biological clock is getting louder and louder!  I’ve turned down requests to have a party and will be spending the day with BJ and my family.  I’m thinking about going away for a weekend to visit a good friend but I’ll see what the first six months bring before making too many plans.
I hope you all had an awesome New Years and may 2011 be your year!

No comments:

Post a Comment