Thursday, January 3, 2013

Boys germs, no return...

BJ and I love a surprise. Which is why we have not found out the sex of this baby or previously with James. It becomes a huge guessing game which extends nine months. It can also be a pain in the arse not knowing what the sex of your baby is. If you know you are having a boy or girl, you can plan a bit more, decorate their room. Have girl or boy clothes ready. Get rid of old boys or girls clothes that you won't need. Have only one name already picked out. Which is where we are having some issues.

With James, I knew (if he was a boy) I was going to call him James. The only thing we had to decide on was a second name. The girls name took us ages to find something we both liked, that couldn't be rhymed with something rude and that sounded right with our last name. We finally agreed on a nice name that we didn't end up using.

This time around we are both still happy with the girls name but now we are finding it extremely difficult to agree on a boys name. I've give BJ a few names I love or even just liked, but he has rejected the lot. And he won't give me any suggestions so we are getting no where fast.

This is where knowing the sex comes in handy. If we knew we were having a girl, no decision necessary it's all done. Go on to planning what colour to paint the nursery. But since we don't know, we have to spend time on a task choosing a name that we might not need.

If you have any suggestions for a classic boys name that will go with a last name starting with W, please let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Ha, I feel your pain! Luckily we just found out what we are having yesterday so now we can move forward focusing on boy names - which is the more difficult one for us. The next big thing though is, are we moving or are we staying? If we're staying, I need to start moving on nursery plans. I wish I could help with boy names, but I'm in the same boat as you. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your Wordless Wednesday announcement, congratulations again! Good luck with choosing a name too!

      Delete
  2. LOL. We had the worst time ever naming our first born. We always find out gender though, because I just can't wait, and I have to buy things a little at a time. I like old fashioned, classic names. Our next son (if we get one) will be named Oliver Nolan. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh I love Oliver too! It was on my short list to BJ that he rejected, the man clearly has no taste :-)

      Delete
  3. We had a boy name (which we still hope to use) picked out for Alidia right after we found out she was going to be a boy! :/ Uhh yeah, that didn't turn out well. Since she was a girl!!! Luckily we had a girl name picked out even earlier on that we loved and were actually really excited to get to use when she was born (which is her name now!). So boy name is saved for later... girl name for #2 would have to be thought of though! I really like classic boy names too (like Coco's comment above). Oliver is one of my favourites. I also like Simon, Sam, Jacob, Max.

    Good luck with the picking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ladies are pretty spot on with my choices, Oliver, Sam and Max were also on my short list! I love the classic, old fashioned names too.

    What a surprise when Alidia was born and it turned out she was a girl!

    ReplyDelete