There is going to be another baby in my family, my sister is pregnant! I'm going to be an Aunt again! As the title of this post suggests, I am so excited! I haven't told a lot about my family so here is a bit of history...
· I have a younger sister and brother (which means I am the eldest, therefore the best!)
· My sister has always been ahead of me in life, even though she meet her husband after I met BJ, she married before me and had a baby before me
· My sister and brother are my best friends. Friends come and go but these guys will be with me until the end!
Which brings me to why I'm so excited! Of course it has something to do with my sister being pregnant but again there is some history:
· My sister and BIL didn't plan my niece. She was a happy "accident" when they were living overseas and when they returned to Australia my niece was born five years ago
· My sister and BIL were devastated when BJ and I couldn't have a baby by ourselves and my sister even offered to be our surrogate
· Over a year ago my sister and BIL decided they would try for another baby (around the same time we found out I was pregnant with Frostie, aka James!)
· A year later my sister wasn't pregnant (my worst nightmare, I couldn't imagine this happening to a good friend let alone my own sister)
· So my sister and BIL decided to get some fertility testing. My BIL tested fine and on the initial tests my sister was fine too but since they had been trying for so long, my sister would have to undergo a dye test to check her tubes. They decided that they would wait six months and live healthy and see what happens.
So last night I got a surprise call from my sister to tell me about her pregnancy! I couldn't be happier! I'm so excited for her, my BIL and my niece. Another baby for our family, another life for us to celebrate and another friend that will be with me until the end!