Monday, July 30, 2012

Surprise...

In my July PAIL post about Family Building, I wrote about how our FS had advised to try, the old fashioned way, for six months before coming back for Frostie 2. Well two months in and I'm pregnant! "How the fu*k did that happen" are some of the first words that I said. After crying, kissing and hugging BJ and James, of course. Like an urban myth, how do you try for two years have one failed fresh IVF cycle and never get pregnant, not once. Than have a positive FET and pregnancy and two months into the trying/not trying get pregnant??? Who the hell knows but I'm sure glad it did!!!

I have held off telling people for a couple of reasons until I saw my OB for the 'how did that happen' appointment and when I could see Trout (BJ has called it Trout because it must be a strong swimmer! Gross and cute) on an ultrasound. The main reason was I just couldn't believe it. Three HPT tests wasn't enough convincing for me, I wanted to see it with my own eyes. Secondly I wanted the surprise announcement. As most of you know when you're going through fertility treatments all your friends and family are waiting on every result so we never got the 'surprise we're pregnant' announcement which, for some reason, I really wanted.

After my appointment with Dr J, my due date is the 27th March 2013, which will be confirmed in a couple of weeks. It was amazing seeing this little person on the screen without needing any fertility assistance. I'll admit it was daunting realizing my kids will only be seventeen months apart but I hope all the things I've learnt with James will make the second time around easier. But for the time being I'm just glad to be feeling better, the last few weeks I've been feeling yuck. Not physically sick but not good. Like a hangover without the good time.

Lastly I wanted to thank you for all the PAIL comments after my original post. Sometimes being an IF'er does feel lonely and you think you are the only one who is going through these things. It's so comforting to know there are others out there going through the same situations, thoughts and feelings.

3 comments:

  1. What amazing news!!!! Congratulations!!!! Yay!!! (can you tell that I'm a tad bit excited :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh.. I am sooo happy for you!! That is amazing news!!! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete