Thursday, July 19, 2012

Baby brain...

Have you ever been accused of baby/pregnancy brain. Where for the life of you, you can't remember where you put your keys, let alone your purse/wedding ring/glasses/baby. Therefore making you late every time you leave the house?

Lately I've found myself turning the keys to start my car and then having to make two or three trips back into the house to get things I've forgotten. No matter how much I prepare before we head out I always seem to forget something and I think I know the reason.

I believe everyone can remember a list of around eight things, maximum, at one time. Before you had a baby the list may have looked like this:

Keys
Handbag
Sunglasses
Purse
Phone
Shoes
Wedding ring
Earrings

Now since James comes with me everywhere, I have to remember all his things before I can start to think about my list. Now my list looks like this:

Baby snacks
Nappy (diaper) stuff
Drink bottle
Lunch (if we are going out for longer)
Bib
Spoons
Facecloths
Toys
Trolley seat
As well as all my stuff!

No wonder I can't remember my keys!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Or I'll walk upstairs to get something and completely forget what I walked up there for in the first place. There is a whole lot more swimming around in our heads, it's a wonder we get anything accomplished anymore, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I was holding the baby and feeding her just this week. I handed her off to daddy for 2 minutes while I got something out of the fridge, and went back to finish feeding her... and I couldn't find the bottle anywhere! Seriously, it was in my hand and then it wasn't. Half full of milk. I still can't find it, and I'm scared to death of what it will look/smell like when I finally do. ;/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I am having the worst case of baby brain ever!!! My husband thinks I am seriously losing it. We have been joking about it all the time lately. I used to be soooo organized and on top of everything, knew where everything was... but lately I keep forgetting things, putting things in the weirdest places then forgetting, and so on and so on. It is awful. I hope it sorts itself out soon!! :/

    ReplyDelete