Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dirty little secret...

As the title suggests, I have a dirty little secret. I'm not sure but I think I might require help. Not even my husband is aware of my secret. Please don't judge.

I'm addicted to The Bold and the Beau.tiful.

When James takes naps during the day I usually eat, go to the toilet, do a bit of cleaning or washing and in the early days of motherhood sometimes take a nap. For the past two months James has been taking a power nap in the afternoons before his solid dinner. The nap is only for around thirty minutes and at the same time everyday. This time just happens to be at the same time as The Bold. Because I've usually caught up on the cleaning, washing etc. by this time of the afternoon, I turn the tv on for some mind numbing viewing. To relax and just escape to the world of bitchy, backstabbing and fashion for thirty minutes.

All the while my little man is getting some zzzzzzz.

2 comments:

  1. I loved B&B when I was at uni... would always take a break from study to catch-up.. then got addicted to it again after our daughter was born... always when she had a nap too :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, love this! I watch Y&R and I have for years. My grandma watched it, then my mom watched it, and now I do. I usually get it in over my lunch break just so JJ doesn't have to watch it every night with me, but you know what's funny? When I do watch it at home he chimes in with "I thought those two used to be married" or "oh now that kid is an adult?" (b/c you know kids age 10 years overnight. :) So he actually picks up on some of the story lines. ha! I just hope they don't do away with our shows, it seems like there are the only ones left!

    ReplyDelete