Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Three months...

Well the Party Animal has been tamed, for now anyway J  We tweaked his night-time routine which seems to have worked for the past couple of weeks.  I now nurse him in the dark without any distractions, no noise, no talking etc, in his room and then straight to bed.  Sometimes he might stir but only for a couple of minutes and then off to sleep.  Most nights we might not hear from him again until 5am.  What a little champion!  There is a lot of trial and error with parenting, more so than they tell you while you're pregnant.  It's just working out what your little one likes and dislikes.

Now for the fun part here are some photos of my little man.




James has now starting grabbing objects and wants to get everything in his mouth!  I've had to start putting bibs on him because of all the dribble from sucking on his hands!  I was changing is clothes every couple of hours.  No sign of teething yet but I'm keeping an eye out. 

For the past week I keep having dreams about being pregnant again.  When I left hospital some of the midwives told me I'd be back within 18 months.  When I did ask Dr J about when we could use our last frozen embryo, he told us to wait six to nine months for my body to recover and then try naturally for six months before coming back for a FET.  I was keen just to go straight to the FET.  After trying for two years, it seems almost impossible that we could fall pregnant naturally.  But Dr J has seen a lot of his patients use IVF for their first and then fall naturally for their second.  It seems a bit like a urban myth to me but it would be wonderful to get pregnant without any medical intervention.  I would like to have another baby within two years.  I'm only getting older and now that I'm thirty (which isn't really that old for another pregnancy), I can really hear my body clock ticking. 

1 comment:

  1. He's adorable :)) A few good friends of mine conceived naturally for their 2nd... our bodies seem to "know" what to do after having a normal pregnancy sometimes. Love to you both xoxo

    ReplyDelete