Tuesday, June 7, 2011

18 weeks...

The past couple of weeks I've finally started to feel pregnant.  It's weird once you get the positive result and the initial excitement fades and day-to-day life takes over, I was finding myself forgetting about Frostie.  Not in a way that I'd eat a whole chunk of soft cheese and suddenly remember, but would just forget.  Now my belly is starting to grow and I've had to start wearing maternity clothes it's starting the feel real. 

Another thing I've noticed while going to the shops in a maternity shirt is, I feel like people are looking at me, like I used to look at pregnant woman.  With envy.  It's all in my head (hopefully) but I want to turn around and tell complete strangers, "I deserve this. I've had to wait a long time to get this far."  Again it's strange being on the 'otherside'.

How far along: 18 weeks, one day
Total weight change: +1kg
Maternity clothes: I still need to get some maternity work clothes but I'm still managing to find into my pants and shirts. I have started wearing maternity clothes on weekends, mostly for comfort.
Stretch Marks: No
Movement: Again I've been feeling pokes and weird sensations.  During the past weekend I felt a couple of 'bubbles'.  I've also been experiencing some bad ligament pain.
Sleep: Sleeping okay but still trying to get use to sleeping on my sides
Best Moment This Past Week: We had our latest check-up with Dr J, and got to see Frostie moving around having a grand time.  I'm so glad to can get a scan with every check-up, it's very reassuring.
Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: Sleeping is becoming difficult, hopefully it's just while I readjust
Belly Button In or Out: Still in
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing but I have only been able to have small meals. I'm starving and then after about half of my usual portion, I'm full.  So I've been having four or five small meals a day
Symptoms: A bit of ligament pain
What I'm Looking Forward To: This weekend is a three day weekend and we're going down to spend time with my family, so I'm counting down the days until Friday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wondeful to hear your updates and that everything is going so well... lovely that you get a scan each appt :)) Love to you always xoxo
    {newyearmum2.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete