Thursday, September 5, 2013

Infertility in the headlines...

Even now, with our baby making days behind us, I find myself drawn to any news on infertility "breakthroughs", advances in infertility drugs or IVF studies in particular. Just because we are no longer affected personally by infertility, doesn't mean my thoughts and prayers have stopped for couples still dreaming of their happy ending.

For the past couple of months in Australia, two news reports have really caught my eye. Especially since BJ and I are living proof of the this study performed here in Australia. 

After the years we spent TTC naturally, then to go through an unsuccessful fresh IVF to finally get the magical BFP with a frozen transfer, I truly thought trying to conceive without all the hoopla would again end in us heading back to the old IVF clinic. But, thankfully for us, we didn't have to head down this expensive and emotionally draining avenue. And it appears we are not alone. 
 
After having James I was being discharged when one of the nurses who was signing off all our paperwork, casually said, "I'll see you back here in around eighteen months time for number two." At the time I smiled politely and thought, knowing my luck I'll never be back here other to visit. But I was back just shy of sixteen months with my second miracle boy.  

The second IVF headline that has caught my eye over the past week is one I haven't been affected by personally but does bring a lot of hope for couples who have ready been through some tough times. 
 
Such an amazing breakthrough that Aussie doctors have brought hope to woman and couples wanting to start (or contiune) a family after such tragic circumstances. 

These are truly wonderful stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment