Monday, February 11, 2013

Call the police, there is a bassinet in my laundry...

With less than five weeks to go until Trout makes his/her arrival there is literally a bassinet in my laundry, a change table in my bedroom and no carpet in the baby's room. We are so unorganised!

This time in my pregnancy with James everything was prepared, washed and packed. Pregnancy number two has its own list of challenges that I didn't have the first time around. A fifteen month old is one huge challenge! I don't think I've cleaned so much in my whole life than I have in the past couple of months. Now that James has started walking full time, mess just seems to follow him. Bending over to pick up food, toys and clothes have become near impossible for me and that's with a month still to go!

The main reason for the delay in setting up the baby's room is because last week we realised our bathtub was leaking under the tub and through to the baby's floor! We've had the bathtub fixed but the carpet in the baby's room is now ruined. The smell of the carpet was the thing that tipped us off about the leak so you can imagine how bad it was. Especially since the heat here has been reaching 37C (98F) during the day. So the new carpet has been ordered and once it's laid we can get started on making it a nice environment for Trout! Hopefully that will happen before I reach 37 weeks! I'm so glad we moved James into his new room before the water disaster!

James has done really well with the transition into the new, larger room and big boy bed. I'm so proud of him. Day and night sleeps have been great, I can't believe how anxious I was when we started. Hopefully he keeps it up and it's one less thing for me to worry about when the baby arrives.

I start fortnightly visits with Dr J this week. Last fortnight I was measuring two weeks behind but Trout has grown in the past two weeks and is only a week behind now. Everything else looked good, my blood pressure is excellent and Trout is head down, bum up.

Here are a couple of photos of James' new room and the 'before' photo of Trout's room. With the smelly carpet removed.








3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, he's in a big boy bed already?? I'm so glad it was a smooth transition for you! I don't think we'll attempt it with Chloe until things have settled with the new baby at home. Probably closer to two years for her. Sorry to hear about the water problems, those are never fun. But new carpet for a new baby sounds like a nice, fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, can't believe how close it is getting until baby #2!!! :) So excited. What a shame about the water leak and the carpet but like Stephanie said, new carpet for a new baby.. fresh start is nice. I love James' room. Such a little boy room and still can't believe he is already in a big boy bed. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments ladies. I'm so excited about getting new carpet (even if it was a bit unplanned). I don't know whether you can see the carpet in James' room photos but it's currently light blue that shows every stain and is hard and uncomfortable. The new carpet is stain proof and so soft! Great for little people who want to play on the floor!

    ReplyDelete