Monday, November 12, 2012

Help, I need somebody...

Are you one of those people who never asks for help? Who just keeps going even though there are people who are more then willing and able to help? I'm one of those people.

The past couple of weeks, with returning to full-time work, trying to fit housework, washing and sleep in with spending time with my husband and baby plus being twenty weeks pregnant, means I'm exhausted! This past weekend I spent all weekend doing washing, cleaning the house and making James' dinners then back to work at 7am on Monday, I kept asking myself when do I spend some quality time with my family?

But I don't ask for help. Why? I'm not sure but I think it's because I see something needs doing and I just do it. Even though I should be spending time with James instead. This past weekend Jas and I had some serious conversations about him helping out more around the house but also about me asking for help more.

I'm not Superwoman I can't do this all by myself and nor should I. Not with a great husband willing to do more. So I need ask for help more because in around four months I'm going to need all the help I can get!

1 comment:

  1. Aw. You poor thing! Yes, you do need some help! You can't do it alone! And if nobody reads your mind (as I wish they would for me all the time), then you do have to ask. Which sucks. I hate asking for help. Hate it. But you can't wear yourself down and still expect to be able to help your family. That's usually when I break down, when I'm so worn out that I'm "of no use" to anybody else. Taking care of yourself means you'll be strong enough to take care of others (your kids for example). Hope you asked, and that you received, some good help! Get in the swing now before Frosty2 gets here! It will make the transition much easier for everyone.

    ReplyDelete