Sunday, October 28, 2012

Party time...

James turned one on Saturday which called for a celebration! I wanted something colourful and festive so we decided on a Sesame Street theme! I did some research, got some terrific ideas and I was set to make the decorations, food and cake myself. Unfortunately I also returned to work the week before so everything had to be done either the weekend before or at night the week of the party! Luckily BJ is as crazy for a party as I am, so he gave me a hand and even took Friday off so he could get the yard and house clean and tidy for our little guy's big day!

The day turned out great. It's becoming warmer here everyday but we had a beautiful breeze through the back yard making it comfortable for everyone. Everyone had enough to eat and the cake turned out better than I expected!

It was a lot of work but the most important thing was James had a terrific day. He got a lot of love from everyone there and received a few gifts which have now taken over our small house. Now for some photos!


5 comments:

  1. Cute! I have been planning to do a Sesame Street bday party for my Sam (when she turns one in march haha) Cute ideas! Happy Birthday James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sesame street theme idea and that letter/number of the day poster is so clever!! :) It looks like James had a perfect day. A very happy birthday to him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so big all of a sudden! When did he grow so much?? :) I love the Sesame Street theme and all the cute signs!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Happy birthday to your little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the sesame theme! Happy birthday sweet little man!

    ReplyDelete